An Evolution of Innovation
- OxyMask’s patented pin + diffuser system has evolved to an enclosed ‘snap-fit’ design that attaches directly to the walls of the diffuser and maximizes the potential of the oxygen velocity vortices.
- The mushroom-shaped disc redirects the oxygen flow, forming an organized pattern of vortices and a cloud of concentrated oxygen molecules.
- The patented design features a triangular directional diffuser which refines the shape of the oxygen velocity vortices, allowing the oxygen to pour out of four aerodynamically positioned ports at an accelerated rate more intentionally than ever toward the patients’ nose and mouth.
Open, Light Weight Design
- OxyMask™ is a highly efficient ‘open’ mask system that eliminates the need for a closed design, valves and reservoirs
- During the patient’s inhalation, oxygen flow is mixed with room air drawn in through the mask openings. Respiratory mechanics and breathing patterns determine how room air combines with the delivered oxygen. The concentration of oxygen received during the breath is a function of the oxygen flow compared to the patient’s inspiratory flow and tidal volume. This results in the prescribed concentration of oxygen being delivered to the patient.
- During exhalation, the mask openings allow expired carbon dioxide to escape, reducing the risk of the patient rebreathing their own CO2.